Exhibits give an opportunity for all PSC members to participate and show the results of their photographic work. The club has a continuing exhibit – the Gallery at Blackwell, and at the October Open House meeting. Guidelines will be announced by the respective committees for events as they occur.
The Gallery at Blackwell is located at Blackwell Automotive, 71 Eastgate Loop, Chattanooga, 37411, next to the Eastgate Center. The exhibit is changed on a quarterly basis, and an opening reception is held to announce each show. The gallery is intended for members to offer art quality photographic work for sale.
General Gallery Guidelines:
- PSC membership is required. Other photographers may participate by paying a fee which includes membership. Themes may be announced for featured works, but are not a requirement for submission. Previously displayed works are only accepted during the winter Member’s Choice Show.
- Entries must be mounted in a professional manner by matting and framing or as a wrap. A secure hanging wire is required and mats must be of professional quality. Minimum size should be 8 x 10 and larger sizes are encouraged.
- Members may submit any number of prints and they will be accepted as space allows. Submission and pickup dates will be announced each quarter but is normally a Friday afternoon and Saturday morning.
- The title and price must be submitted with the entries. An unframed print price may be submitted as well. Name plates will be prepared by the committee.
- Subject matter must be suitable for family viewing.
- Payment will be made at the meeting following a sale or by mail. A 10% fee will be deducted to offset gallery expenses.
- The Photographic Society of Chattanooga and Blackwell Automotive promise to make every effort to see that works are carefully handled, but are not responsible for damage or loss.
- For additional information contact Milton McLain at (423) 344-5643 or firstname.lastname@example.org