The Annual Photo Contest exhibit of images is a true showcase of the members’ excellent works. Entries consist of three levels of expertise (Beginner, Amateur, or Advanced) and two categories (Prints or Digital images). The judges award 1st, 2nd and 3rd places as well as Honorable Mention(s) in each category. The evening concludes with the tallying of votes for the People’s Choice Award.
2020 ANNUAL CONTEST(DIGITAL IMAGES ONLY)Deadline for entries: Midnight on November 30, 2020Instructions for Digital Entries:
- Only members who have paid their dues for the October 2020 – September 2021 membership year may enter.
- You may enter up to three digital images in one of the following divisions:
- Beginner: If you have been photographing less than three years and have never won a first place ribbon in an Annual Contest, you may enter your images in this division.
- Intermediate: If you have been photographing at least three years and have never won a first place ribbon in an Annual Contest at the Intermediate level, you may enter your images in this division. You are encouraged to move up to the Advanced division when you feel ready, regardless of whether you have won any ribbons.
- Advanced: If you have been photographing at least three years and have won a first place ribbon in an Annual Contest at the Intermediate level, you must enter your images in this division. All others who have been photographing for at least three years and who feel they are ready may enter this division.
- Submit entries via email to: email@example.com. In your email please state whether you are entering in the Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced division.
- Entries must be in JPEG format, no more than 1920 pixels (on the long edge) by 1080 pixels (on the short edge). A square image must not be more than 1080 pixels on any edge. Total file size for each image must be not more than 2.0 MB (2000 KB).
- Entries must be titled in this format: title_firstname_lastname.jpg
- This is an “open” competition. You may submit images taken at any time and of any subject matter, as long as the image has not won a first place ribbon in any prior PSC quarterly or annual contest.
- Keep in mind that we are a “family friendly” club, so please do not submit images of subject matter you would not want your children to see.
- Please contact Louann Smith, contest chairperson, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- No print contest this year due to the pandemic.
- Stand by for information about also submitting your digital Annual Contest images for People’s Choice judging. We are trying to work how to do this on the PSC website.