The PSA Projected Image Division
The PSC is participating in the PSA Interclub Contest in the Projected Image Division(PID) and, previously, the Nature Division. The contact for the PID contest is Milton McLain. Images from club members are chosen to represent the club in three rounds, in November, February, and April.
Due dates for each round are announced by email and submitted by reply. Award and honorable mention ribbons go to individual participants and the club receives point scores that are totaled for the year as a competitive standing. Clubs are divided into groups of about 20 clubs with the highest-scoring clubs moving to a higher-level group each year. Best of the Best awards are given annually and award winners are posted on the PSA website. In the PID contest, the PSC has been assigned to Group D, of Groups A-F.
For PSC club submission, the picture should be renamed with your name, eg, Smith, Joe, and a picture title for submission. Do not use symbols in your title. Up the three pictures may be submitted. Six pictures, one per person, will be chosen for that contest round. Additional pictures
will be retained for potential use in future rounds. Release forms will be emailed to be signed and returned to me for pictures to be accepted by PSA and a model release if applicable. Current release forms are good for three years.
Image submission guidelines per the PSA website:
- Images can be entered on the following dates:
- Round One: 9/1/ to 11/15/
- Round Two: 12/1/ to 2/15/
- Round Three: 3/1/ to 4/15/
- Entries: A club can enter 6 (six) images by 6(six) different makers in each competition.
- Image Size: Horizontal images can be no more than 1400 pixels wide or 1050 pixels tall. Vertical images can be no more than 1050 pixels tall.
- There is no specific resolution requirement.
- Save the file in .jpg format only. Unless your image proportions are in the exact ratio of 4 to 3, one of these dimensions will be less than the maximum.
- sRGB color space is recommended for optimum results.
- Each image needs a specific title that is descriptive or related in some way to the image.
- An exact copy of a color image processed as a Monochrom image must have the same title.
- There is no filename or title format. The system rewrites the filename for the scoresheet used.
- The site will accept titles up to 36 characters in length.
Note: Additional guidelines for multiple club memberships and prior winners are available on the PSA website.