Annual Contest Information
The Annual Photo Contest exhibit of images is a true showcase of the members’ excellent works. Entries consist of three levels of expertise (Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced) and two categories (Prints or Digital images). The judges award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places as well as Honorable Mention(s) in each category. The evening concludes with the tallying of votes for the People’s Choice Award.
PSC 2022 Annual Contest
Themed digital division with beginner, intermediate and advanced categories. The 2022 theme is: Rusted, Abandoned or Dilapidated. This theme includes images of anything rusted, abandoned or dilapidated. Examples include images old cars, of course, but also old buildings, ghost towns, broken machinery and other similar items.
Deadline: Midnight on November 17, 2022
A member in good standing may enter up to three images in one of the following categories in each of the open digital and print divisions (i.e., a maximum of three digital entries and three print entries):
- Beginner: If you have been photographing less than three years and have never won a first place ribbon in an Annual Contest, you may enter your images in this category.
- Intermediate: If you have been photographing at least three years and have never won a first place ribbon in an Annual Contest at the Intermediate level, you may enter your images in this category. You are encouraged to move up to the Advanced category when you feel ready, regardless of whether you have won any ribbons.
- Advanced: If you have been photographing at least three years and have won a first place ribbon in an Annual Contest at the Intermediate level, you must enter your images in this category. All others who have been photographing for at least three years and who feel they are ready may enter this category .
Images taken at any time and of any subject matter may be entered in the open divisions, as long as the image has not won a first place ribbon in any prior PSC quarterly or annual contest. Keep in mind that we are a “family friendly” club, so please do not submit images of subject matter that you would not want your children to see.
Special instructions for Annual Contest print entries:
- No identification markings may be visible on the front of the entry.
- In the upper right hand corner on the back of the image, in a space no larger than 4 inches by 4 inches, print the title of the image, your name, phone number and the division you are entering (A for Advanced, B for Beginner and I for Intermediate)
- The size of your print entries cannot exceed 18” x 24” with mat and cannot be smaller than 5” x 7” without mat.
- All prints must be mounted on foam core or some hard material less than 1/4 inch thick. A mat is optional.
- Metal prints are acceptable, but they cannot exceed the 1/4 inch limitation, so floating mounts or other hardware attached to the back of a metal print are not allowed. Do not submit entries on canvas if the frame they are mounted on will be thicker than 1/4 inch.
- Images may be enclosed in a see-through bag or wrapper for protection. However, they will not be removed from that bag or wrapper for presentation to the judges. WARNING: If you are using a protective bag or wrapper, do not use tape that covers any part of the front of the image. This makes it very difficult for the judges to see your image! (This has actually happened in the past, making this warning necessary….)
- Do not deliver your prints in any kind of box or container. All boxes and containers will be disposed of and will not be returned to you.
- Prints must be delivered not later than the close of the PSC meeting to be held on November 17, 2022.