PSA Councils Challenge All 3CT Members Asked to Submit Entries
Entries may be submitted by 3CT club members between April 1 and May 31, 2021.
• Please complete, and PSA Permission Release
Form for your images.
• PSA-member councils, associations, or federations are eligible and encouraged to participate.
• The subject is General for all sections.
• Images should be sized at 1400 x 1050 pixels
with a color space of sRGB and no size limit.
• There may not be more than one image per sec-
tion by the same photographer.
• An entrant may submit entries from one council
only. If an entrant has images submitted by more than one council, all images may be disqualified.
• Like images from the same photographer in more than one section will not be accepted.
• Images entered in previous PSA Councils Challenges are not eligible.
• By signing the PSA Permission form for the Councils Challenge, individual photographers grant PSA the right to reproduce their image(s) for display at the PSA Annual Conference, Video Digital Program at the Conference, and PSA website, awards, and for the purpose of promoting the Challenge and announcing the winners.
PSA Permission Release Form for Councils Challenge: download here: pdf
Model Release May be Requested if the winning
image is a portrait and PSA wishes to publish it.
If there is no Model Release available, the image
may win but cannot be published. For those who do
not have a Model Release, Sample Model Release
Form –doc – interactive pdf – both of these forms
can be filled out and saved on a mobile or desktop
Color General (Open)
Monochrome General (Open)
Nature General (Open)
Color General (Open) Definition:
The subject matter is undefined. Monochrome images are not allowed in this section. Any and all post-processing techniques are allowed in this section.
Monochrome General (Open) Definition:
The subject matter is undefined. An image is considered to be Monochrome only if it gives the impression of having no color (i.e., contains only shades of gray, which can include pure black and pure white) OR it gives the impression of being
a grayscale image that has been toned in one color across the entire image (for example by Sepia, red, gold, etc.). A grayscale or multi-colored image
modified or giving the impression of having been
modified by partial toning, multi toning, or by the inclusion of spot coloring does not meet the definition of monochrome and shall be classified as a
Nature General (Open) Definition:
Nature photography is restricted to the use of the photographic process to depict all branches of natural history, except anthropology and archaeology, in such a fashion that a well-informed person will be able to identify the subject material and certify its honest presentation. The storytelling value of a photograph must be weighed more than the pictorial quality while maintaining high technical quality.
Human elements shall not be present, except where those human elements are integral parts of the nature story such as nature subjects, like barn owls or storks, adapted to an environment modified by humans, or where those human elements are in situations depicting natural forces, like hurricanes or tidal waves. Scientific bands, scientific tags, or radio collars on wild animals are permissible. Photographs of human-created hybrid plants, cultivated plants, feral animals, domestic animals, or mounted specimens are ineligible, as is any form of manipulation that alters the truth of the photographic statement.
No techniques that add, relocate, replace, or remove pictorial elements except by cropping are permitted. Techniques that enhance the presentation of the photograph without changing the nature story or the pictorial content or without altering the content of the original scene are permitted, including HDR, focus stacking, and dodging/burning. Techniques that remove elements added by the camera, such as dust spots, digital noise, and film scratches, are allowed. Stitched images are not permitted. All allowed adjustments must appear natural. Color images can be converted to grey-scale monochrome. Infrared images, either direct captures or derivations, are not allowed.
• Best of Show
• Overall High Point Councils (first through third)
• High Point Council Digital Color Images (first through third)
• High Point Council Digital Monochrome Images
(first through third)
• High Point Council Digital Nature Images (first through third)
• Individual Digital Color Image (first through third and HMs)
• Individual Digital Monochrome Image (first
through third and HMs)
• Individual Digital Nature Image (first through third and HMs)
All winning images may be shown by a video shown at the PSA Annual Conference. A DVD of the slide show will be available to all Councils and Federations.
To enter images in the 3CT part of the 2021 PSA
Councils Challenge, send images and permission
forms to Pat Gordy, email@example.com by May